Decking Out The Yard Chez Newb

Hey there! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend. Sue is getting the kids back at school today and my little guy is starting pre-school tomorrow. Yikes — the summer months flew by. At least we have this fabulous summer weather to keep us in a relaxed state of mind. (Right? :-) )

To keep me in a summery mood well past Labour Day weekend, I’m so happy to have a newly refreshed deck & outdoor furniture to enjoy meals, drinks and some late-summer relaxation. Nick and I got to work last month staining our deck after waiting far too many years to do so. I’m going to show you the *after* photos today and tomorrow I’ll get into some tips and tricks I learned along the way. But for now, Cheers! to you for making it back to your regularly scheduled program after Labour Day — life.

para paints newberry sykes natural red stain

para paints newberry sykes natural red stain para paints newberry sykes natural red stainpara paints newberry sykes natural red stain

para paints newberry sykes natural red stain

meredith_signature

8 Comments on Decking Out The Yard Chez Newb

1. Annette Robert
    September 2, 2014 at 7:11 am (3 years ago)

Hi Mere, the deck looks great and I love your choice of black as the color for your furniture and umbrella! I have a question unrelated to decor … the tarts. Are they a recipe from the Maritimes by chance? They look like Pork Pies, a family recipe we have had for years with date filling with maple icing.

• Meredith Newberry
      September 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much Annette!! How sweet. Sadly those are NOT pork pies, they’re plain old cinnamon rolls (that’s my sweet tooth talking:-)). But your tarts sound amazing and I never would have thought of that combo in a tart — amazing. And yes I’ll be googling up that recipe! :-) Mere

• Meredith Newberry
      September 2, 2014 at 8:44 pm (3 years ago)

Excellent!!! It’s supposed to be beautiful tomorrow ;-)

• Meredith Newberry
      September 2, 2014 at 8:45 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Tash! I went more modern than usual — and I love it. Modern like the Dreamhouse!

2. Lisa Goulet
    September 2, 2014 at 5:24 pm (3 years ago)

Looks great Meredith! The greenery just pops against the new stain!

• Meredith Newberry
      September 2, 2014 at 8:45 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Lisa! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that there’s lots more greenery in the future; you know, for the stain’s sake ;-)